Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Palna (Cradle)

Disclaimer: All those not in the mood for in-your-face reality bites (literally), specially with the festivities in the air, can stop reading now!


Writing after a real long time, a lot of people who matter have been reminding me to get back so yea. Yours truly is here again :). My sentences might appear rather choppy, cause Im yet to gather my thoughts, and form sentences subsequently. The order of these two activities is kind of messed up right now, so excuse the chaos.


This post is about Palna which is the hindi word for 'cradle,' which Im assuming, most of us would know is the horizontal bed, used for rocking infants. It is this orphanage close to where I stay. I chose Diwali to visit this place, cause sometimes we forget to be grateful. Sometimes, we feel a little less blessed. We're angry, we're hurt, we're disappointed, and most of all we're disillusioned. Well, again I'm assuming it happens to all of us.


Like I forewarned you, if you're feeling rather high and festive, this is not the post you want to read. 


I stepped in, hoping to spread some cheer. Small feet rushed towards me, dressed in reds and blues and greens and yellows. Greeted me, 'Happy Diwali,' and almost as swiftly as they had appeared, vanished in to the garden, back to the merriment. All young children between 1-8 years, oblivious of almost everything that might bother a grown up mind. Blissfully so... 
I couldn't muster a response, I must have choked, I don't remember that part. 


What I do remember though is feeling quite guilty of not being thankful, often enough. 


Thankful to my parents, for the beautiful life they gave me, my education, all material things, the world of opportunities and everything in between. 

1 comment:

PG said...

Ahh! you're back...so grateful.

I spent Diwali in a hospital - nothing festive about that.But I know how you feel. I'm going to use the coming month to be grateful...and eat less, maybe.