Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I felt nothing.... or so it felt

I would use the proverbial 'I put in my papers today,' although I wonder why we say that, cause in reality I just shot a two line email to the concerned people. Anyway, I resigned today. I have heard a lot being said by friends and colleagues in the past, that this is a strange feeling. I've heard stuff like you feel really light after sending it, or relieved, or sad, or mixed emotions etc etc. I mean the few minutes between when you are done composing the two lines, revisiting them 10 times and hitting that 'send,' button. But strangely I felt 'nothing.' 

It could be due to several reasons, I had been waiting for this time for a bit too long now. Or may be there weren't any friends 'around,' to share the feeling &/or moment with. Or cause life will continue as is for the next few weeks, till I actually stop going, and the routine discontinues. I just sent it like any other 'out of office,' 'leave,' email.

I shared it with someone best described as my almost elder sis/gyaan guru/gossip queen/support system/friend, and she had some really nice things to say.

- It will be overwhelming: I didn't feel this at all somehow, am i being weird, or is the idea over-rated?
- Go hug mom, when you get home: Done, always happy to :)
- Take the happy memories: Pictures, laughter, whining, goof ups, random chats, chai breaks, celebrations, events, colors, new beginnings, moving on, farewell emails, farewells, alcohol overdoze, dinners, and some more? Still frames in my mind...
- Leave all the baggage behind: Tough one this!

She continued: 'Its a Big Brave Step!'
Indeed it is. When you spend almost half a decade at a place, learning earning and having fun along the way, it is a shot at bravery, to finally hit that 'send,' button and then the countdown begins...
Not to mention the innumerable times I have been quizzed about my last working day by every second person. 

I know what you're thinking, where is this post going, and that its a little all over the place, but really so am I right now. I would ideally like to feel something, but I am not able to nail what that something really is. If only 'something,' would equal some sentiment or emotion. 

I totally had to share it, cause sometimes you need to go over your own actions and plans over and over again for them to sink in, and for you to realize their impact.

The end for a new beginning! 

It felt nothing, only enough that I should blog about it :)

1 comment:

PG said...

well now you just have to do a better job of updating your blog. I can't really say i'll miss seeing you around...because well, i dont see you everyday. But I will miss you.

but you're destined for so many great things it's overwhelming to just think about it.

pearls of wisdom:

Rock their world
stay away from assholes.