Thursday, June 16, 2011

Farewell to my lovelies....and cheers to new beginnings!

I received quite some feedback today, around the mood getting kinda gloomy here. For all those who care to read whatever I've been scribbling of late, let me assure you that, that was not the intent, at all. So I'll try changing that a bit, beginning with this post, and I sincerely hope this one leaves behind a different, hopefully pleasant, feeling. 


Today, I officially bid adieu to my very dear friends, who were two of my closest pals at work and outside. I can't stress enough how sad saying goodbye is, for me for sure. I've dined, lunched, partied, gossiped, and done pretty much everything two friends can with Veni. Yes, she's the one leaving and the other being her husband Suhel, who also happens to be a good friend in a not so conventional way. Not-so-conventional well I choose not to clarify that part. About Veni, what can I say, I have loved, enjoyed, and cherished all the fun times we have had together.  We've worked together, we've hung out in the office and otherwise (I'm sure Veni would choose to differ, we could have hung out more often than we did but still), we've talked n talked, gossiped over coffee, tea, beer & wine. And I cannot capture all of the fun times in words here. I'm sure you get the drift. All of this and more will be missed, and how. 


But I'm happy for you both. The next big step, a new beginning, a new place, and different horizons. For context, both of them are moving to Chicago, for Suhel's MBA from Kellogg. (Yeah, simply wow I know).


The best is yet to come and my heartfelt wishes and love to you both. Another time, another place, we will meet again, to re-visit the fun times and so much more.  

3 comments:

Suhel Banerjee said...

I especially the like the part where you left the "non-conventional" bit vague, gives an adventurous, open ended twist to our relationship to all your readers;)

Thanks a lot for the lovely post.

By the way, a farewell post to lift the spirits? Really?:)

Subtle Expressions said...

You have to give me some credit for choosing my words wisely, i try at least.
About the lifting spirits part, did you miss the cheers and the best wishes, like the silver lining?

Nas said...

Goodbyes are always hard and saddening, but you can stay in touch?