Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Beyond Time & Space

Does it happen to you as much as it does to me? At least off late it does to me, more often than my liking. The noises in your head becoming louder than the ones outside. Just too much chaos out there. Like a parallel milky way, lot of planetary motion. Thoughts and words and syllables and sounds, and who said what and how did the day go and what was the last conversation I didn't have the patience to sit through, where did I zone out before rudely stepping out on the pretext of answering a phone call. It just so happens that this chaos is so engaging that if you were paying attention it could just suck you in. Before you realize you are indulging in these rather loud monologues with yourself.Sounds and songs. oh yes songs quite often. What gets to me is the music. The music is always in there. Music long lost, songs long unsung, notes hanging mid air. In all probability these were never heard in the near past and never will be in the near future. It feels like they were embedded somewhere deep deep within the subconscious.

Here I am trying to make conversation with you, and likes of you, basically anyone, but all the while the music, the noises, the words the monologue (silent one) and what not, just goes on and on and on and on and on. Utter clutter. In this day and age, when every sooth sayer is asking humanity to de-clutter both animate and inanimate, this mental clutter is a necessary evil or not?

Losing yourself to the sounds in your head, no I'm not a zombie, but when the sounds become LOUD, thats when I stop and hear. Mostly it's music, to my relief. A momentary escape beyond time and space, a trans beyond words, a space unknown and unseen to the world...

3 comments:

GrammarNazi said...

" At least off late it does to me"

Correct - " At least of late it does to me"

"more often than my liking"

Correct - "more often than to my liking"

"Like a parallel milky way, lot of planetary motion"

Correct - "Like a parallel milky way, lot(s)/'a lot' of planetary motion"

PG said...

OH my! I love this one. You should know how i profess my love to the noises in my head...perfect this was.

@ GrammarNazi - Stop killing the post! Whatever happened to writers' liberty?!

Subtle Expressions said...

GrammarNazi - Appreciate the correction :)
PG - Love the support!